Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Official CKG Longlist is announced!

Today the longlist for the Carnegie Kate Greenaway Awards 2014 was announced:

• The Boy Who Swam with Piranhas by David Almond (Walker Books)
• All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry (Templar)
• The Bunker Diary by Kevin Brooks (Penguin)
• The Child’s Elephant by Rachel Campbell-Johnston (David Fickling Books)
• Ghost Hawk by Susan Cooper (Bodley Head)
• After Tomorrow by Gillian Cross (Oxford University Press)
• Heroic by Phil Earle (Penguin)

• Blood Family by Anne Fine (Doubleday Children’s Books)
• Infinite Sky by CJ Flood (Simon & Schuster Children’s Books)
• Charm and Strange by Stephanie Kuehn (Electric Monkey)
• Monkey Wars by Richard Kurti (Walker Books)
• Hostage Three by Nick Lake (Bloomsbury Children’s Books)
• The Positively Last Performance by Geraldine McCaughrean (Oxford University Press)
• Brock by Anthony McGowan (Barrington Stoke)
• Binny for Short by Hilary McKay (Hodder Children’s Books)
• Far Far Away by Tom McNeal (Jonathan Cape)
• Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher (Indigo)
• Rooftoppers by Katherine Rundell (Faber & Faber)
• Liar and Spy by Rebecca Stead (Andersen Press)
• The Wall by William Sutcliffe (Bloomsbury)


I've highlighted the ones I've read, less than half :-/ so 11 more to go!  Am disappointed that some of my other favourites aren't there, and not surprised by a couple of the ones I haven't read yet that are on there.  I'd been avoiding reading the McCaughrean and McKay because I really don't fancy them :-( But a few of the ones I have on my TBR shelf that I've been looking forward to are there so swings and roundabouts!

I think my no.1 so far is The Wall.  What's your favourite?


2 comments:

  1. I just realised I have already read The Boy who Swam with Piranhas...that's how much of an impact it had :-/ So 10 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how many you manage to read! Well done you. I tend to wait until the shortlist and then read just those but you have inspired me to give a few more a go.

    ReplyDelete